Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dessert Disaster

A few weeks ago, my companion and I made brownies! We decided that it would be a great idea to put some marshmallows on top and then broil it so the marshmallows would be perfectly golden. We of course were chatting as we are experimenting, which then leads us to completely forgetting that we just put something in the broiler! We go off in our room, still chatting away when all of a sudden my mind flashes back to about 10 minutes ago when we put those brownies in the broiler! I drop everything, sprint into the kitchen, open the oven to see
 MASSIVE FLAMES!!!
 (i'm not exaggerating at all)
In shock I shouted, "Sister!! The brownies are on fire!!"
My companion came running out as we are both laughing so hard because we didn't know what else to do. She grabbed a huge bowl, filled it with water and dumped it on the brownies as I pulled them out. We couldn't stop laughing after that! Although our lovely idea of making brownies ended up a pile of black mush, we had a lot to be happy about.

(as you can see we destroyed them...)


We learned a few valuable lessons that day:
 1. Don't have deep chats when you put things in the oven. 
2. When things get crazy and your world goes up in flames, learn to look around and see to good.

 God put us here so we could learn, grow and experience joy! We slip up and make mistakes...sometimes we cause food to catch on fire! Regardless of the challenges we face, I am thoroughly convinced that there is always something that we can be happy about!


No comments:

Post a Comment