Friday, March 7, 2014

Heroes

"Who put the glad in gladiator... HERCULES!" To be completely honest, I've only seen Hercules like twice and I don't remember that much but I do remember that song and "I can go the distance." Regardless of my terrible memory, we all know that Hercules is a great hero! He is strong, handsome, has GREAT hair and he gets the girl! Stud. We all have heroes in our lives and today I want to tell you all about my hero... my dad. 

I love my dad so much. He is strong, handsome, pulls off the "I'm losing my hair" look and he got his princess, my cute mom! To me, those aren't the things that make my dad a hero. Sure, they are all great but he is so much more than that. My dad is a man who loves the Lord more than anything and truly gives his all everyday to become more like the Savior. He reminds me of one of my Book of Mormon heroes, Captain Moroni! 

In the book of Alma, talking about Captain Moroni it says, "...Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding...a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God... yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ." Captain Moroni loved the Lord more than anything and he was always obedient regardless of what the Lord asked of him. Every time I read those verses, I think of my dad. He has always taught me by example to put God first and then everything else will fall into place. He is my hero because he turns outward like Christ does and puts everyone's needs before his own. He genuinely loves people and has such a strong desire to help. One of the many things I love about my dad is that he is ALWAYS smiling! Life is not easy for anyone, my dad included, but he chooses to find joy and recognize the blessings that God has given him instead of focusing on what he doesn't have. 


I know that my dad does more for me than I realize but I am so grateful for what he does. He has given me so many wonderful opportunities and helped me to find joy through living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has always lived worthy so our family could have the blessings of the priesthood in our home. I am so blessed to have been raised by such an amazing man of God. 

The relationship I have with my sweet dad has helped me to better understand the relationship between Heavenly Father and all of His children. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and that love is unconditional.

Dad... I love you!!!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment