Monday, February 3, 2014

I am a child of God





One of my all time favorite movies is Toy Story. I just love Disney! Something I love even more than Disney is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel has helped me to know WHO I am and the great potential that my Father in Heaven sees in me. God is the literal father of our spirits. We are ALL His children. Just as our parents here on earth love us, God loves us. He knows that we can become something great. In Toy Story, Buzz believes that he is something great...he thinks he is more than just a toy! Woody, tells him that he is just a toy. He even screams it at Buzz to try to get it in his head! Most of the time, Buzz didn't believe what Woody was telling him but after awhile it really started to get to him. He started to lose faith in himself. He began to believe that he didn't have great potential. Many times in our lives, people will tell us that we aren't good enough or that we don't have a purpose. They doubt our divine nature. Sometimes what people say eventually gets to us and we forget who we are. We are children of God! In my life I have felt what Buzz felt. I started to forget that I was a child of God. In the Young Women program, we state a theme that starts, "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us and we love Him." Stating that helped remind me that I am a child of God. He does love me and is very aware of me. He knows that I can become something great. When I came to really believe it, I started to act like it. Being surrounded by many girls who knew that they were children of God helped me to see that we all can become something great! In Toy Story, Woody eventually changes his heart and realizes that even though they may be toys, they are also something more. They are Andy's toys!!!!! They love Andy and Andy loves them. When Woody and Buzz were able to see that they were of great worth, miracles happened!! They were able to be strong and help each other get back to Andy. We are all striving to get back to our Father in Heaven. When we can come to see that we are His children and that He loves us, we will be strengthened to get through the tough trials of life and we will be happier! There is so much joy found from knowing who you are! I invite all of you to pray to your Heavenly Father and ask Him to help you see yourself through His eyes. I promise that you will be able to feel of His love and you will be able to come to know for yourself that you are a child of God!




No comments:

Post a Comment